We have 5 tips for making great green smoothies that are perfect for anyone who wants to eat healthy.
We all want to eat healthy and smoothies are a great way to do that. Making a Green smoothie is one of the easiest ways to add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. Smoothies fill you up and help give you energy throughout the day.
My kids love green smoothies and it's one way I know that I can get them to eat or drink, in this case, their veggies. We'll often have a smoothie for breakfast because they are quick and easy to make. Everyone can make their own combination or I'll make a large one that will be divided up.
If you're new to green smoothies or are trying to introduce the concept of green smoothies to someone else, here are a few tips that have helped me.
Tips for Making Great Green Smoothies
- Add at least 2 kinds of fruit to your smoothie
- For a chilled smoothie, use frozen fruit instead of ice
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible. Otherwise, clean produce well and peel as needed.
- If you want a creamier smoothie, invest in a high power blender like a Vitamix (this is the one I have), Ninja, or Nutribullet.
- Save time by prepping ingredients ahead of time. You can make smoothie bags or jars the night before and store them in the refrigerator. In the morning, you can throw it all in the blender for a quick breakfast or on the go snack.
Looking for delicious green smoothies recipes?
Take a look at these 5 simple green smoothies we have. They are among our favorites and I think you will like them too. Try them out and decide for yourself.