Today I had a bit of a sweet tooth. After all this holiday baking, I wanted something sweet but wanted nothing to do with cookies, cake, and quick breads. I decided fruit was the way to go. I could have my sweet without the calories or extra guilt.
My children love almond butter and sliced apple sandwiches. It's similar to a peanut butter and jelly, but doesn't have all the sugar and calories from jam/jelly. This wrap is an adult's version of that almond butter and apple sandwich. Loaded with fruit and honey, it satisfied my sweet tooth and made for a tasty lunch. Try it for yourself!
Almond Chicken and Apple Lettuce Wraps
- 3 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1 cup, red or black grapes, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoon Almond milk
- 2 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Iceberg lettuce
- Mix together almond butter, honey, and almond milk together in mixing bowl.
- Add chicken, apple, grapes, celery, and crumbled bacon to almond butter mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1/2 cup of chicken and fruit mixture to each lettuce leave and roll up.
You might also enjoy: