Camping Meal Plan
My favorite part of any camping trip is outdoor cooking. It may be that all the hiking, swimming, and playing you do makes you ravenous, but I think food cooked outdoors just tastes better too. What do you think?
When camping, a camping meal planner is essential to ensure you have enough food for your trip and you have everything you need for each recipe planned. When you are at your campsite, you can’t run to the store like you can at home. So if you forget something, you often have to do without. The kids would be so disappointed if you forgot the marshmallows for S’mores. Life as they know may come to a screeching stop and we wouldn’t want that.
I used the Moonlight App to create a camping meal plan for an upcoming 4 days/3 night camping trip. It combines a variety of prep ahead, no cook, and cook on site recipes. I haven’t decided on snacks yet, but the app has several tasty ones I’m considering.
Take a look at my 4 day camping meal plan.
- Day 1 – Arrival
- Dinner – Fast Beef Stir Fry, rice, & S’mores Bar for desert
- Day 2
- Breakfast – Eggs and Bacon Pita
- Lunch – Pressed Italian Sandwiches
- Dinner – Barbecued Salmon, Vegetable Pockets, S’mores for dessert
- Day 3
- Breakfast – No cook oatmeal
- Lunch – Tuna-cado (tuna salad in avocado halves)
- Dinner- Dutch Oven Chicken with vegetables
- Day 4 – Departure after lunch
- Breakfast – Ziplock Omelets
- Lunch – California Chicken Wrap
I like that creating a meal plan in the app is simple. The app allows me to add in my own recipes. I can also upgrade the app to receive dozens of camping recipes. All the ingredients I’ll need can easily be added to the grocery list too. This makes meals easy and done in no time. All that would be left is to shop, prep, and pack the cooler the morning we leave.
More In-App Features
The free version of Moonlight is great at getting you organized and ready for your next camping trip. The app offers an upgrade for $5.99 annually that gives you more great features. I particularly like the recipes that the upgrade unlocks. I showed you just a few of them in my meal plan above.
With the paid upgrade you get:
- Detailed recipes that can be added to a grocery list and meal planner
- Camping activities, games, ghost stories, etc. A few are shown in the image above. Color Your Campfire will be a fun one!
- Ability to share checklists with other paid users
- Other premium features
There’s just something special about getting outdoors, roasting marshmallows over a campfire, and sleeping under the stars. Your family is going to love camping, just like our family does. This app will make planning easier and more enjoyable. Download the free Moonlight app from iTunes today and get started planning your next camping trip.
Where will you camping next?