Larabars are delicious real food snacks filled with dates, nuts, and other healthy ingredients. Instead of paying top dollar for commercially made protein bars, you can make them at home for a fraction of the cost. My recipe for these Cherry Chocolate Larabars is easy to make and taste delicious. Try them for yourself and you'll agree!
Larabars make great afternoon snacks for kids and adults. My family has been busy with spring sports and school activities the past few weeks. I have been busy getting everyone to their games, practices, rehearsals, etc. It's important to me to have a variety of snacks available that are portable, delicious, and most of all nutritious. After all, eating on the go doesn't have to mean eating poorly. These larabars are a great addition to our snack basket.
Do you ever crave chocolate? I know I do! Today, I was craving chocolate covered cherries. That just sounded soooo good. What do you think? I got to playing in the kitchen and came up with this recipe for Cherry Chocolate Larabars. I made them into squares because that was easiest for me. But you can get creative and shape them using cookie cutters or roll them into 1″ balls before you set them into the refrigerator. These larabars taste just like chocolate covered cherries. The only thing missing is the soft, chewy cherry center. You'll love them, just the same!
These snacks are Paleo, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy free. All you'll notice is that they are 100% delicious!
- 1 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup sweet and tart dried cherries
- 30 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place the almonds in a blender or food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- 2. Add the cocoa powder and salt. Pulse a few times to incorporate.
- 3. Add the cherries, dates, honey and vanilla extract. Pulse until a dough forms.
- 4. Line a 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper. (Note: If using a silicone baking pan, you do not need to line with parchment paper.)
- 5. Remove Lara Bar mixture from blender or food processor and press down into the pan. Be sure to pack it in firmly.
- 6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 7. Slice into squares and eat. Any leftover bars can be keep in the refrigerator.