This giveaway and snack recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Clusters is sponsored by Barlean’s. All opinions are my own. #SnackwithBarleans and snack HAPPY!
Today, I’m bringing you a fun snack recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Clusters. When I go hiking with the kids I really like to bring some sort of trail mix or granola. But what I don’t like it the mess that can leave behind, especially if there is chocolate in there. I recently decided to play around with my granola recipe and made these oat clusters. They can be broken up into bite sized pieces, cut into thin bars or crumbled for more of a large granola shape. Any way to crumble them, they are delicious on everything from a stand alone snack to a yogurt or ice cream topping.
Just like the name implies, these clusters are packed with chocolate (chips and chocolate hazelnut spread) and peanut butter. Although there is 1/3 cup of Manuka Honey, they are a lightly less sweet version of a peanut butter cup with some added goodness from Barleans Super Seeds Blends.
The seed blends are a great addition to recipes or sprinkled over oatmeal, smoothie bowls or salads. I’ve used them before in recipes like Rainbow Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing, Chia and Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn, and Banana Split Smoothie Bowl.
The Energy Blend from Barlean’s contains flaxseed, shredded coconut, chia seeds, and Panax ginseng. I substituted the Energy Blend for part of the coconut flour. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Clusters are a little different than a typical baking recipe. But normally if a baking recipe calls for 2 cups of flour, you can substitute 1/2 cup of the Energy Blend for 1/2 cup of flour. It adds a boost of Omega-3 and fiber. You can find it and the Culinary Coconut Oil I used in this recipe at Barleans.com.
Here’s the recipe.
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 3/4 cups Barlean’s Super Seeds Energy Blend
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Barlean’s Culinary Coconut Oil
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts, cashews, etc)
- 1/3 cup Manuka honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Use your hand to press mixture down to create a flat layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for additional 15 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Use your hands to break into clusters or cut into thin bars.
Packing Snacks To GO
I mentioned before that I like to take these Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Clusters hiking with the kids. Whenever we are going to be gone for a while. I always pack snacks in reusable containers. NO more disposable plastic bags for us. Instead I like using reusable stainless steel containers like this LunchBots Trio 1 with the Dots Cover.
Everyone in the house can use this LunchBot. It’s washable and virtually indestructible. It’s not leakproof, but for short trips, I will often pack Greek yogurt, banana chips, and the oat clusters inside with no problems.
For a longer day away, I will opt for a small sealed container of yogurt cup or a yogurt tube. The possibilities are endless on what you can pack and go with LunchBot.
I want you to snack healthy on the go too!!
One lucky Little Family Adventure reader will receive:
- LunchBots Classic Trio 1
- One (1) bag of Barleans Super Seeds Energy Blend
- Leave a comment below telling us what three (3) things you’d pack in your LunchBot box for an outdoor adventure.
- Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years and older.
- Contest Period Ends October 15, 2017 at 12pm CST.