The first month of my clean eating meal plan was successful, even if I say so myself. I started with just planning dinners and then adding breakfast and lunch plans by mid month. Writing everything down has helping me save money at the grocery store and saved my sanity from the chaos of trying to figure out what to make for dinner. each night. Take a look at this past month's menus.
- Clean Eating Meal Plan Week 1
- Clean Eating Meal Plan Week 2
- Clean Eating Meal Plan Week 3
- Clean Eating Meal Plan Week 4
Clean eating to me means using natural ingredients, those as close to nature as possible. In my cooking, there's nothing artificial or overly processed. You'll find plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, and whole grains. I would say that 70% of the foods I buy are organic. The other 30% are fruits and vegetables that are on the “Clean 15 List”, those that are low in pesticide use and are non-GMO. Here's why I think it's important to go organic and there's a copy of the Clean 15 List/Dirty 15 List.
Let me tell you a little about my upcoming week. Yesterday (Sunday), I baked an Onbijtkoek or Dutch Breakfast Spice Bread for breakfasts this week. It's a make ahead quick bread that is wrapped and refrigerated for at least 24 hours before serving. Letting it sit, forms a soft crust that is delicious. You slice the bread and slather it with real butter. Mmmmm, delicious! Tuesday is a busy day with the kids. I'm making my Guinness Stew in the crock pot to make things a bit easier. The original recipe isn't for a crock pot, but it turns out great either way. I'll just throw everything in together in the morning and it will be ready when we get home. The kids have dentist and orthodontist appointments on Thursday. So it's all soft foods for lunch and dinner. This week, I've added a dessert for the weekend. I still use sugar in my baking, but I only use organic cane sugar.
This month I'm using a lot of chicken in my recipes. Each month I order my beef, lamb,pork, and chicken from our local food co-op. I goofed a little and ordered chicken thighs in two – 5 pound packages instead of five – 2 pound packages. So this week, I'm using the “Cook once and eat for days principle”. I'm going to bake the chicken on Monday night and use it in different dishes throughout the week; chicken pot pie, almond chicken and apple lettuce wraps, chicken and waffles, etc. It will help on my cooking time and prep throughout the week.
You'll notice for breakfast, I've started juicing again. There's a juice or smoothie combination each day. For smoothies, I'm mixing fruit with yogurt or coconut milk.
Below I've added many of the recipes I'm using for my meals. For others dishes, I don't have a recipe on the site yet or its super simple and self-explanatory.
Breakfast – Fresh orange juice, Oatmeal with honey, walnuts, and sliced mango
Lunch – Barbecue Meatloaf sandwich on whole wheat bread, sweet potato fries, sliced pineapple
Dinner – Baked chicken, asparagus wrapped with prosciutto, spinach and strawberry salad with Champagne vinaigrette
Breakfast – Blueberry and banana yogurt smoothies, Ontbijtkoek (Dutch Breakfast Spice Cake)
Lunch – Almond Chicken and Apple Lettuce wrap , sliced cantaloupe
Breakfast – Ontbijtkoek (Dutch Breakfast Spice Cake), bananas , beet and apple juice
Lunch -Grilled cheese with tomato and pesto on Irish Soda Bread, sliced carrot, blueberries
Dinner – Chicken and Waffles, baked zucchini fries with parmesan cheese, creamy dill cucumber salad
Breakfast – Baked eggs in avocado halves, Sunrise Juice
Lunch – leftover stew
Dinner – Chicken Pot Pie (chicken, corn, peas, celery, potato) with Butter Pastry Crust
Breakfast – Yogurt with berries, shredded coconuts, and walnuts, Fresh juice (pineapple, kale, carrot, orange)
Lunch – Tuna Salad stuffed tomatoes, celery sticks and cucumber slices with hummus
Dinner – Miso soup with tofu and wakame, green salad with carrot ginger dressing
Breakfast – Chorizo and egg breakfast burritos, banana, Green Zinger juice
Lunch – Ham and cheese calzones (pizza dough), steamed broccoli
Dinner – Lasagna Spaghetti Squash, green salad with cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots with caesar dressing
Dessert: Bunny Pulp Cake (Carrot)
Breakfast – Strawberry Stuffed French Toast, chocolate banana smoothie
Lunch – Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo, carrot sticks with ranch dressing
Dinner – Cajun Shrimp, Stewed tomatoes and okra, brown rice, green salad with balsamic vinaigrette