Frosty the Cheese Ball
Frosty the Cheese Ball was a jolly yummy treat
With a carrot slice nose
and two eyes made out of olives
Frosty the Cheese Ball is a fairy tale they say
He was made of cheese but the children
know how he came to the table one day…
O, Frosty the Cheese Ball
was as yummy as he could be
And the children say we could eat
and enjoy it with crackers today
Yummity Yum Yum
Yummity Yum Yum
Have some holiday fun and play with your food?
Add holiday cheer with this festive snowman shaped cheese ball. Take our classic cheese ball recipe and thanks to Pinterest, a great holiday theme. We created this appetizer for our children’s co-op Christmas party. It was nice to have something other than chocolate and candy.
To create the snowman features, we only a carrot and black olives. For the nose, cut a triangle out of a carrot. For the eyes, mouth, and buttons, I used a straw to cut out the circles from sliced black olives.
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces Red Leicester or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup minced onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup crumbled queso cotija (any fine grated cheese will work)
Sliced black olives
Crackers or fresh vegetables
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium-low speed until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into three sizes (small, medium, large) and place onto three pieces of plastic wrap. Cover with the plastic wrap and shape into balls. Place the cheese balls in the refrigerator to harden, at least 1 hour.
- Remove the cheese balls from the refrigerator. Roll each ball in the crumbled/grated cheese. Place on a serving plate with larger ball on the bottom, followed by medium, and finishing with the small ball. To avoid balls from rolling around, press slightly into serving plate.
- Create the face and body of the snowman with a sliced carrot and circle cut black olives. Press features into cheese ball to secure them.
- Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.
- Note: The flavors are best if it is allowed to sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before serving.
You Might Also Like: