This post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Little Family Adventure.
From the 270 miles of beautiful coastline to the only U.S. National Park rainforest, Puerto Rico is an island vacation destination filled with 5-star attractions and amenities. Chosen “The Best U.S. Island” by the readers of USA TODAY and 10Best, Puerto Rico is the perfect destination for you and your family to get out and have a LOT of fun! Without the need for a passport, you can hop on a plane and just go have an amazing vacation! Now is the time to stop what you’re doing and start planning to live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico Tourism teamed up with the popular travel review site Trip Advisor to transform travelers’ 5-star reviews into beautiful short films. These stunning videos are narrated by Puerto Rican stars and showcase the beautiful scenery, destinations, and adventures to be had on the island. These reviews made me want to start planning my own trip to See Puerto Rico and I know they will convince you to live your own vacation story in Puerto Rico too.
This video of a woman’s wedding story is inspiring. You can find amazing scenery and surprises when you get off the beaten path. Watch the video for yourself to see what I’m talking about. My husband has been to Puerto Rico before and the pictures he brought back are stunning. It has me thinking that my husband’s desire to return to Puerto Rico may just have to coincide with our 20th wedding anniversary.
There is so much to see and do in Puerto Rico. From the 270 miles of beautiful coastline to the charm of Old San Juan, there is something for everyone to do both on and off the island. With so many world class attractions, I decided to create my own Must See Itinerary for a future trip to Puerto Rico.
My “Must Do” List in Puerto Rico
- Beach – I miss the beach and welcome any chance I can get to return to one. Flamenco Beach in Culebra has the 2nd best beach in the world according to The Discovery Channel. I would never pass up the chance to feel the sand between my toes and take a walk along the water’s edge.
- Food, Food, and more Food – You know me and food. I love to experience a destination through its food. Puerto Rico would be no exception. Sign me up for one of the countless culinary tours and restaurants that combine the native, African, and Spanish flavors.
- Bacardi Rum Factory – A trip to Puerto Rico wouldn’t be complete without a trip to the famous rum factory.
- Zip line through the rainforest – How fun would this be? My children are all old enough and tall enough now to enjoy this activity. El Yunque is the only subtropical rainforest in the US National Park Service. So much of the animal life of a rainforest can be found in the canopy. It would be fun to see that from high above.
- Kayak in a bioluminescent bay – Guinness Book of World Records calls Mosquito Bay in Vieques the brightest bioluminescent bay in the world. It didn’t know such a thing existed, so it had to be on my list. It would be a once in a lifetime experience to paddle through that bay under the stars. Where else could you paddle through naturally neon green waters at night?
- Explore Old San Juan – Old San Juan is full is history and culture. The history buff in me wants to explore the Spanish colonial architecture, walk the old blue cobblestone streets, visit the historic fort El Morro, and more.
- Go spelunking through the Camuy caverns. These caverns run through the 3rd largest subterranean river in the world. There is no better time to get adventurous!
- Get active – Our trip wouldn’t be complete without the chance to get out and get active as a family. From horseback riding, golf, and surfing to shopping and walking tours, there is an outdoor activity for everyone in our family.
With Puerto Rico being a United States territory, US residents can visit without the need for a passport. You can, seriously, just book a flight and be there tomorrow if you like. Just think of all the fun you could have playing on the beach, swimming in the warm ocean water, or exploring all the island has to offer. Visit seepuertorico.com and start planning all the adventures and attractions to will enjoy during your next trip to Puerto Rico.
What would you like to do in Puerto Rico? Tell us in the comments below.