As a mom, I’m always looking for healthy, wholesome snacks that my kids will love. I want something that is quick and easy to make that the kids will want to eat. These Gluten Free Jam Crumb Bars are perfect every time!
We are always on the go, so snacks need to be portable and not too messy. Granola bars, Adventure Squares (similar to a Lara Bar), and Crumb Bars are all big hits with my family. They are quick and easy to create snacks that don’t make a lot of mess.
Jam Crumb Bars are filled with your favorite fruit jam or preserve. They contain no added sugar which is a big plus with me. They are naturally gluten free too. These are snack bars that I can feel good about giving to my children.
You can customize these snack bars with any flavor jam or preserve you like.
If you want to make your own homemade jam, I have a few recipes you can use.
Peach No Sugar Freezer Jam
Strawberry with Thai Herbs (can be made into plain strawberry or triple berry)
Jammie Crumb Bars
3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flakes
3 tbsp. cane sugar
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. coconut oil
1/4 cup fruit preserves or jam of your choice ( I used homemade Triple Berry Preserves)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 pan with butter or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high speed blender like a Vitamix, combine oats, almond meal and coconut flakes. Pulse until oats and coconut are fully ground about one minute.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract to the mixture and pulse until well combined. Leaving the food processor/blender running, add one date at a time until all dates are incorporated and the mixture begins to come together.
- Add coconut oil and blend until combined
- Transfer half of the mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly to evenly distribute the crust.
- Top mixture with jam/preserves.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture on top of the fruit and gently press down to cover the fruits
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, until the top begins to brown. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
What type of fruit would you try with these?