Where were we before Pinterest? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve turning to my Pinterest boards to find meal inspiration. Are you the same way? This Lasagna Spaghetti Squash was inspired by a keto recipe I saw on Pinterest. This gluten free recipe is as if spaghetti and lasagna got together and had a baby. This is delicious! Even my pasta-loving kids didn’t miss the pasta.
Let me set the stage for you now. It was almost dinner time at our house and I wanted something fast and easy for dinner. I remembered pinning a delicious vegetarian squash lasagna recipe on Pinterest. It looked really good! The original recipe called for homemade pasta sauce. As we were all starving in the house, so I popped open a jar of store-bought, organic pasta sauce and dinner was finished in less than 40 minutes. Quick, healthy, done!
Want More Keto Recipes? Then You’ll Want to Try:
My family loves this dish. I have made it several times since I first posted this recipe on my site. It is terrific as a vegetarian version or meat protein. We’ve tried it with ground beef, chopped chicken, and Italian sausage. I really like the Italian sausage in it. One thing I’ve changed from the original recipe is how I prep the squash after it’s cooked and before it’s topped with cheese. I now scrap out all the spaghetti sauce into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, except the mozzarella cheese. I combine everything in the bowl, then return it to the empty squash halves. I add the mozzarella and bake. It combines the flavors more and tastes better, in my honest opinion. Any way to serve it, you’ll love this Lasagna Spaghetti Squash.
- Season the spaghetti squash with salt and pepper. Bake skin side up, in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. Using a fork, scrap the inside of each squash half into a bowl. Set asides
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Drain off any fat from the cooking meat.
- Add the pasta sauce, basil, and oregano and ricotta cheese to the beef. Combine well.
- Divide mixture among all the 4 sides of squash.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Return squash to the oven and broil until the cheese has melted and turned a light golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1407Total Fat: 97gSaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 4097mgCarbohydrates: 62gSugar: 29gProtein: 91g