We’re on Day 2 of our Holiday cookie recipes. Today, we have Granny’s Mandel Braite Biscotti.
Like most biscotti cookies, Mandel Braite Biscotti are twice baked to make them crisp and firm. They go great with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or milk.
I like these cookies because they aren’t too sweet. The recipe comes from Granny, my neighbor’s mother. Everything she makes is delicious. Did you try her Granny’s Heavenly Granola Bars? You can’t go wrong with one of her recipes. Try them yourself.
Mandel Braite Biscotti
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Cream soft butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pat dough into 12 inch square on floured surface.
- Cut into 4 strips and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Slice and lay flat.
- Return to oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.