Don’t you love a dish that is easy to make and does double duty? This Pear and Honey Goat Cheese Stack can be an appetizer, salad, dessert, snack, or all of the above. The combination of goat cheese and pears is fantastic. Add a little honey and it’s a match made in heaven. My family loves salads with fresh fruit and nuts. This is a play on that type of salad.
My children, unfortunately, don’t always care for goat cheese. For them, I substitute a softened cream cheese or mascarpone cheese for the goat cheese. These cheeses are a lot sweeter, so cut the honey down to only 1 teaspoon. If you like sweet, then don’t adjust the honey.
Once pears have been sliced they start to color almost immediately. You can do one of two things to prevent the pear from browning. 1. Add a little lemon juice to a bowl of water and place the sliced pears in it until ready to use. 2. Slice the pears just before assembly and serving. Start to finish, this Pear and Honey Goat Cheese Stack will take you less than 10 minutes to make, start to finish. So it’s fast and delicious. Give it a try!
- 4 ripe pears
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1. Allow goat cheese to soften to room temperature
- 2. Slice pears into 1/4 inch slices. Remove core.
- 3. Combine goat cheese and honey.
- 4. Assemble stack with pear slice, goat cheese, cherries, pear slice, goat cheese, walnuts, repeat. Top stack with a pear. Sprinkle a few extra chopped cherries and walnuts on the plate.
- Serve immediately.