Taco night is a staple in our household. It’s a night that everyone looks forward to. So this slow cooker Tacos Al Pastor recipe is one thing we can all agree on. The al pastor meat is marinated pork with fresh pineapple. Using the crockpot makes cooking super easy adn perfect for a weeknight. Plus you’ll always have super delicious shredded pork for your tacos.
Al Pastor Tacos
Tacos Al Pastor is a classic Mexican dish of marinated pork. Traditional versions of this recipe marinate pork in a mixture of chiles and pineapple. Then the pork is roasted on a rotisserie until done. In my version, I use chili powder and cumin with the pineapple to achieve the flavor.
For these tacos, make your own tortillas and salsa:
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Pineapple Salsa
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Southwest Black Bean and Black Eyed Pea Salad
Slow Cooker Recipe – Just Easier
This recipe uses a crockpot to slow cook the pork until it literally falls apart. The cooked pork is then shredded and added back into the cooking liquid and spices to absorb more flavor. The result is something my family loves. Yours will love this slow cooker Tacos Al Pastor recipe too!
Whether served with accompanying garnishes (listed below) for dinner or with eggs for breakfast, al pastor tacos are sure to be a favorite in your house too! Serve it with fresh corn or flour tortillas for a taste that out of this world!
- Pork sirloin roast (about 2-2.25 lbs)
- Pineapple, 3/4 cup fresh chopped plus 1/2 cup of water or 8oz can of pineapple chucks with juice
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 16 corn or flour tortillas
- Fresh cilantro, lime wedges, queso fresco, chopped jalapeno, chopped onions, pico de gallo.
- Combine add ingredients from pineapple through olive oil into a crockpot. Stir together to combine.
- Add pork roast to the Crock-Pot and spoon some of the liquid/spices over the roast now and repeat occasionally during cooking.
- Cover with Crock-Pot lid and cook on high until meat is fork tender (about 5 hours).
- Once roast is fork-tender and falling apart, take it out of crockpot and place on a large cutting board.
- Allow to cook slightly and then shred with 2 forks or meat shredders.
- Return the shredded pork to crockpot and combine with spices and broth. Keep warm until ready to use.
- To make tacos, place desired amount of shredded pork on each tortilla. Top with freshly squeezed lime wedge, chopped onions, cilantro, and any other desired toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 tacos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 10gSugar: 39gProtein: 19g
Do you have Taco Night at your house? What types of tacos does your family like? Let me know in the comments below.