Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But with our busy lives, it’s hard to get a good breakfast in before heading out the door to work or school.
This article is sponsored by Stonyfield.
That’s why having quick, easy, on-the-go meal options is a must in any busy household. Yogurt is one of our go-to breakfasts and snacks. It’s quick, easy, and best of all filled with essential nutrients to help start the day.
Stonyfield recently sent me two of their new yogurts to try out; Whole Milk Greek and 100% Grassfed Yogurt. Stonyfield yogurts are fantastic and I’ve talked about them before. I love that their organic products are easy to find and taste amazing. I recently became a Stonyfield YoGetter Ambassador and learned more about their products and wanted to share some of that with you today.
I like that Stonyfield listened and is now offering a Greek yogurt with whole milk. It gives the yogurt a richer taste that I really enjoy. Stonyfield’s Whole Milk Greek yogurt has these little side cars (little compartments filled with organic fruit or honey) so you can add as much or as little fruit as you want. The kids love these little side cars because it lets them customize their yogurt.
We tried the Blueberry, Vanilla and Cherry Whole Milk Greek Yogurt. They were really good. They were rich and not too sweet, which is the way I like my yogurt.
Before trying the 100% Grassfed Yogurt, I thought that all organic dairy was grassfed. It is, but it wasn’t in the amounts that I thought it was. For dairy to be labeled as “Organic Dairy” it has to be at least 30% pasture fed or grass fed. The other 70% of the time, the cows can be fed organic grain and feed. Stonyfield, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Certified Organic, recently developed a 100% Grassfed Certification. This new certification says exactly what the cows are eating, grass just like nature intended. It’s a difference you can taste. Plus there are some great health benefits too!
Milk from 100% grassfed cows is higher in Omega 3 fatty acids when compared to conventional milk. On a nutritional webinar that I listened to, Drew Ramsey, MD talked about the health benefits of organic, 100% grassfed dairy on the brain. He said that 100% grassfed dairy products were great for the brain because they contains 21 of the essential nutrients needed for optimal brain help.
I tried the Vanilla 100% Grassfed Yogurt. It is much thinner than other Stonyfield yogurt, but I really liked it in my morning smoothies. I added it to a few of my favorite green smoothies and they tasted great!
Yogurt like these two varieties makes a healthy breakfast possible for me. I know that I can grab an individual size container or make a quick fruit/green smoothie before heading out the door.