This post for Sticky Pomegranate Molasses Chicken was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review. May contain affiliate links.
Easy Instant Pot Meal
Dinners around here have to be quick and healthy. Between work, school, afternoon sports, and evening activities, I need meals that can be done when I’m in a hurry. The recipes I make most often are those that can be prepped quickly and help me get dinner to the table in under 40 minutes. Usually that insides a simple main dish with a large vegetable side or multiple sides.
This recipe for Moroccan Spiced Pomegranate Molasses Chicken is perfect for anyone who likes international flavor in a quick, family friendly main entree. It used a combination of spices and pomegranate molasses. That last ingredient is popular in Middle Eastern dishes. It’s slightly tart syrup or sauce made with pomegranate juice, sugar, and citric acid. I can get it at a local Greek/Middle Eastern market, but I’ve also found it in the International section at Walmart and Target too.
If you can’t find it, order on Amazon, or substitute with equal amounts honey. It’s not the same, but the flavor combination is still really good. Pair the chicken with a great kale vegetable salad and you’re all done for dinner.
Simple Healthy Side Dish
I prefer to cook from scratch, but sometimes I just don’t have time to do it all. When my time is short, I will grab a ready made salad from the store that uses ingredients I would use if I made them myself.
Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salads are kits that include everything you need to create a delicious side dish or salad. They can also be made into a tasty appetizer or main entree. Even before partnering on this project, I often grabbed a bag or two from my local store and made these with dinner or for a school lunch. (Note:They hold up really well for school or work lunches.)
Healthy and Convenient
Eat Smart products make eating well easy and convenient. When I pair my Moroccan Spiced Pomegranate Molasses Chicken with the Eat Smart Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad, it’s a complete meal everyone in my family gladly sits down to enjoy.
Everything I need for this salad is included. Plus it’s made with ingredients I know, and cook with often. My youngest is actually a HUGE Brussels sprouts fan and will tell you all the ways he likes sprouts. His favorite way is, by far, raw in a salad. He’s not much on green leafy greens, but this is one salad I know I can get him to eat.
This salad has seven superfoods including kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory, roasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. The cranberries and sweet poppyseed dressing are a big hit with everyone because it’s got a touch of sweetness to it. It goes really great with the sweet, tangy pomegranate molasses on the chicken too!
- 2 pounds Chicken Legs or Thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/3 cup Pomegranate Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Garnish: Furikaki (Japanese Rice Topping) or sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine spices, garlic powder through coriander.
- Roll chicken legs or thighs into the spice blend and coat evenly.
- Turn your Instant Pot to “Sauté" without the lid on.
- When it is hot, add avocado oil, followed by the chicken.
- Brown chicken on all sides, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once browned, turn Instant Pot to “Manual” and set timer to 10 minutes. Place 2 Tablespoons of water into Instant Pot and add the lid, locking it into place and setting the steam value to “sealing”.
- When timer is finished, do a steam quick release, being careful to avoid the escaping steam.
- Carefully remove the lid and with tongs move the chicken to a large bowl. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Turn the Instant Pot back on to "Sauté" again and keep the lid off.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, and honey.
- Pour it in with cooking liquid in the Instant Pot.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, stir occasionally until the liquid has reduced by half into a thick sauce, about 8-10 minutes.
- Coat the chicken legs of thighs with the sauce. Sprinkle with Furikaki or sesame seeds if desired. small bowl, whisk together the Pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, and honey.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41 Carbohydrates: 10g