Day 3 of Holiday cookies Today we have Lemon Snow Drops. They are a nice combination of sweet and tart. This recipe is the one my husband asks for. They are easy to make and they are a great recipe to get the kids involved in. They make short work of the sugar dusting.
Lemon Snow Drops
8 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
For Rolling: 1 cup confectioners' sugar
1. Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon or a mixer until creamy.
3. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt; mix until combined.
4. Add the flour; mix until just blended.
5. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and set them 1 inch apart on ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheets (or freeze them on a baking sheet).
6. Bake until the cookies are light golden and give slightly when pressed, 18 to 20 min.
7. Let the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheet.
8. While still warm, roll them in confectioners' sugar. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen cookies
Here are some other citrus dessert recipes:
- Lemon Fudge (butterfliesandbrownies.wordpress.com)
- #dōTERRA Lemon Cheesecake Bars (jenniferaccomando.com)
- Cookie Recipe ~ Lemon Shortbread (dinosdiscoveries.com)