I’m partnering with Orgain to bring you these healthy No Bake Energy Bites today. They have great products for anyone wanting to live/eat healthier. I really like this company and their products. I know you will too! I have been compensated for this article, but all opinions expressed are all my own.
Before you head out on your next road trip, be sure to upgrade your snacks and include these super simple No Bake Energy Bites.
Easy, Kid-Friendly Travel Snack
These No Bake Energy Bites are so easy to make and are great for getting the kids involved in the kitchen. They taste REALLY good and are made with healthier ingredients. They are snacks you can feel good about giving your family. PLUS, they are perfect for road trips, hikes, and any other family adventure who can dream up.
Whenever we travel, we pack a variety of snacks and drinks. It saves us money, prevents us from buying junk food along the way, and it helps us eat healthier too. One of the snacks we always bring is some type of energy bite or bar. Here lately, we have been making these No Bake Energy Bites more than any other. They are made in just 10 minutes and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Healthy snacks loaded with protein
Protein is an important part of a healthy diet because it provides a long lasting energy source for your body. The energy protein provides is long lasting because protein takes longer than carbohydrates to break down in the body. The result is more energy and a feeling of being fuller longer.
These No Bake Energy Bites are loaded with protein. Nut butter and protein powder combine for a healthy snack that your family will love. I protein powder I used is the Sweet Vanilla Bean powder from Orgain. I was first introduced to Orgain and their products in California last year. I’ve been using their protein powder ever since because it has a smooth texture and is really good in shakes as well as these snack bites.
Many protein powders available today are made with soy. I, personally, try to avoid soy products, so I love that Orgain protein powders are made with organic, plant-based proteins; Organic brown rice, hemp, chia, and pea.
Each Serving of Orgain Protein Powder (2 rounded scoops, 46grams) contains:
- 21g organic, plant-based protein
- 3g Net Carbs
- No added sugar
- 5g organic fiber
Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
3/4 cup Orgain Sweet Vanilla Bean protein powder
3/4 cup nut butter (almond, peanut, sun, etc)
4 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
3 Tbsp coconut oil
Extras: Chia seeds, mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, finely chopped nuts, etc.
- Combine protein powder, nut butter, honey, and coconut oil in a bowl and mix together until well combined. Mixture should not be sticky.
- Pinch off 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp portion of mixture and roll into a ball.
- Roll ball into your choice of extra; coconut, chocolate chip, chia, nuts, etc.
- Place a single layer of balls onto a container or plate. Place into the freezer for 10-20 minutes to firm up.
- Remove from freezer and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Calories 1640
- Total Fat: 130 g 200%
- Saturated Fat: g 0%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 574 mg 23.92%
- Potassium: 0 mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate: 104 g %
- Sugar: 70 g
- Protein: 30 g
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Calcium: 240 mg 24%
- Iron: 9 mg 50%
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #LilFAMADVENTURE & #ORGAINUPGRADE. I’d love to see what you make!
Customize your No Bake Emergy Bites
This recipe for No Bake Energy Bites contains just a handful of ingredients and it can be modified really easily. So if you have food sensitives or aversions, you can substitute and get a great tasting snack every time.
- Different nut butter: If you are allergic to a certain type of nut, you can substitute in any other kinds of nut butter; peanut, cashew, pecan, sunflower, etc.
- Different sweetener: I used honey in this recipe. You can substitute maple sugar, brown rice syrup, etc.
- Different toppings: You can leave the energy bites naked or you can coat them a variety of toppings. We really liked mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chia seeds, and finely chopped pecans. There really is no limit hear. Try out anything you like and see how it turns out.
- Different flavors: You can substitute different flavors of protein powder. Orgain protein powders available in both vanilla bean and chocolate. Find both varieties at Shop Orgain.
Try Orgain protein powders in this snack recipe or in a shake or fruit smoothie. You can find both the Sweet Vanilla Bean and Creamy Chocolate Fudge in either the 2lb or NEW 1lb containers. Find all of Orgain’s product online at their Shop Orgain website.