Now you can have create this Dole Whip recipe at home!!!
For many Disney World Travelers, a Pineapple Dole Whip is a park snack you can’t do without. Now you can make this super simple dole whip recipe at home and enjoy it without having to go into the park.
I’ll admit that I get a Dole Whip or a Dole Whip Float every time we go to Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California. It just isn’t a good trip without having at least one. If you have never had one, I’m so sorry. But then again, you don’t know what you are missing.
What is a Pineapple Dole Whip?
According to Wikipedia, a Dole Whip, also known as Dole Soft Serve, is a soft serve pineapple-flavored frozen dessert created by Dole Food Company. Our family just knows it as “Deliciousness in a Cup!” It is served as soft serve in a cup or as a float with Dole pineapple juice. I almost always get it as a float. The picture below is the Soft Serve in a cup.
When you can’t go to a Disney Park to enjoy a Dole Whip, having a simple recipe is the next best thing.
My version for the Pinneaple Dole Whip recipe has only 5 ingredients. I make a large batch using a 4 quart ice cream maker, because it’s the only way I can ensure I get at least one bowl in my house. Seriously, this frozen treat disappears in my house faster that you can say “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo”. For smaller machines, just half or 1/4 this recipe. If you want a 4 quart ice cream maker, I recommend this one. (Disclaimer: When you click and purchase with the link below, a receive a portion/commission at no cost to you. )
Ready to enjoy your homemade pineapple soft serve? Here are a few tips:
- Eat it as soft serve straight out of the ice cream maker. This is just like what you get in the park. Plus, this is the quickest way to get your coveted Dole Whip.
- Serve the ice cream style after the ice cream has been frozen in the freezer. Basically you’ve had that initial serving and decided to freeze the rest for later.
- Serve as a float served with chilled pineapple juice. You can use soft serve or ice cream with the float.
- Serve your Dole Whip adult style with a little something something. During a past Flower and Garden Festival, Disney started offering a special Dole Whip served with a shot of Spiced Rum. Add a shot of spiced rum to your Dole Whip for a n adult sized kick. I REALLY like it when I added a shot of Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum to 1/4 cup chilled pineapple juice and added it to 2 scoops of soft serve. OH MY …….
Yields 10 servings
- 1 quart Pineapple Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2-3 cups cane or coconut sugar (start with 2 cups and add up to one additional cupto your taste)
- 3 cups whole milk
- Mix everything together and add into your ice cream maker.
- Follow directions for your ice cream maker.
- Serve immediately once frozen as a soft serve or freeze for ice cream.
The original Dole Whip recipe is vegan. But at home I like the taste of milk in my ice cream, so this version is definitely not vegan. If you are looking for a dairy free version, take a look at my Dole Whip Smoothie recipe than can easily be converted to use nut milk/beverage.
Have you ever had a Dole Whip? If you’ve ever found one outside a Disney Park, let so know and enjoy one the next time we are in the area.