These Quick Candied Pecans are extremely easy to make. There’s no candy thermometer to watch or constant stirring. The oven does almost all the work. In 20 minutes, you’ll have great candied pecans perfect for snacking, salad toppings, or gift giving.
Quick Candied Pecans
This recipe takes about 5 minutes of prep work to toast the pecans, mix the sugar syrup, and combine everything together. It’s all very easy and can be something the kids help out with. Once everything is mixed, the candied nuts will bake for about 20 minutes.
4 cups pecan halves
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
Try these quick candied pecans in the following recipes:
- Broccoli Crunch Salad Recipe
- Celery, Apple and Walnut Salad
- Brussels Sprout Salad
- or as a topping for vanilla ice cream – SO Good!
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat mat or aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the pecans on the baking sheet and toast them in the oven until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Stir every 3 or 4 minutes.
- In a large metal or glass bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Once the pecans are toasted, remove them from the oven and pour them into the bowl with the sugar mixture.
- Stir until the nuts are evenly coated, and pour them back onto the lined baking sheet and spread them in an even layer.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, stirring after every 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet.
- Once cool, break the nuts apart or coarsely chop them. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 52mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g