Spice up lunch with this Sweet and Curried Chickpea Salad.
Chilled salads like this are great when you don't want to heat up the kitchen in warmer month. But it's also great as a make ahead salad because the longer this salad sits, the better it tastes. The flavors marry together and become SPECTACULAR!
Great On- the-Go Salad
Serve up this Sweet and Curried Chickpea Salad for lunch or dinner. It travels well too. So you can take it to the park, to the ball game, or on a camping trip. When we need a vegan or vegetarian option, this is our go to salad recipe for picnics, parties, and potlucks.
Traditional Indian flavors, curry powder and turmeric, give this salad a burst of flavor without any heat. Sweetness is added with dried cranberries, apricots, and raisins. Chickpeas add a good source of protein making this a complete meal. Round out the meal by serving it with pita bread, pita chips, or naan bread.
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Thompson seedless raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 radishes, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 8 cups mixed greens or lettuce of your choice
- Combine first 7 ingredients, vinegar through salt in a large bowl.
- Add raisins through celery to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Spoon chickpea salad over salad greens.
- Can be served immediately, but is best after being refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1828Total Fat: 75gSaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 4439mgCarbohydrates: 247gSugar: 78gProtein: 63g
What kind of salads do you like to take on picnics, potlucks, outdoor meals?