Holiday time is the time of baking delicious homemade treats. But sometimes you just don’t want to bake, or worse yet your oven is broken! What’s a girl to do? These Chocolate Covered Cookie Butter Cracker Sandwiches are just what you need!
Cookie Butter from Trader Joe’s is better known as “Crack” in our house. Have you ever had it? It’s similar to peanut butter in texture but is flavored with crumbled speculoos cookies and tastes similar to gingerbread. We love to eat it on toast, on ice cream, apples, pretzels, or straight out if the jar with a spoon. Cookie Butter is amazing all my itself, but it makes me drool just thinking about adding chocolate to it.
Since it’s the holiday season and calories don’t count (If I keep telling myself this, then it must be true.), I’m making a few batches of cookies for last minute gifts. I’m creating cookie and treat gift tins with English Toffee, Lemon Snowdrop Cookies, Peppermint Bark, and these Chocolate Covered Cookie Butter Cracker Sandwiches. Everyone is going to love them.
If you don’t have Cookie Butter, you can easily substitute peanut butter or other nut butters. These are so easy to make. Make them for your loved ones this year too, they’ll love you even more if do! Enjoy!
- 16 ounces milk chocolate (chips, chunks, or baking chocolate)
- ½ cup crunchy Trader Joe's Cookie Butter
- 32 Round Butter Crackers (like a Ritz cracker)
- Place chocolate over a double boiler and melt.
- Spread a small amount of the cookie butter on a cracker and top with another cracker. Press gently to secure.
- Repeat until all the crackers and cookie butter.
- Place crackers onto a parchment line baking sheet and place in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has melted, using a fork, dip the cracker sandwiches into the chocolate until completely covered.
- Shake off any access chocolate and place back onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and set aside to dry, about an hour.
- Carefully peel from the parchment and serve.
Cracker sandwiches can be frozen after they are dipped in chocolate. Store in a sealed bag and snack whenever you get a craving.
Serving Size:1 cracker sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g