We love cheese fondue because everyone gets involved in making dinner. Instead of a traditional swiss fondue, we like to change things up and this Dill Havarti Fondue recipe definitely does that! It's a mild and creamy cheese fondue that works well with a variety of fondue dippers.
If you are looking for a way to have fun with the kids at dinnertime, try a Fondue Night. Melt some cheese, swirl your dippers, and enjoy the night together.
Not Traditional Swiss Fondue
Traditional cheese fondue is made with Alpine Swiss cheese. This isn't a traditional fondue. The first time I made this Havarti Fondue recipe, I didn't want to run to the store. So I used the cheeses I had in my fridge's drawer, that was Havarti.
If you've never had Havarti cheese, it's semi soft, like a Monterrey Jack. It is mild and tasted really great on rye bread. I used two parts of Dill Havarti to plain Havarti and then added in cream cheese to make it really creamy.
If you like this Havarti fondue recipe, you may want to try these……
- Beer Cheese Fondue
- Torchy's Queso Recipe
- How to Create an Amazing Cheese Platter
- Tuscan Cream Cheese Dip
For this fondue, you can choose any dippers (foods to swirl around in the melted cheese you like. This fondue works well with both sweet and savory. We like to use the following dippers:
- toasted french bread cubes
- steamed broccoli
- lightly blanched green beans
- sliced chicken breast/tenders
- raw carrots
- steamed broccoli
- apple slices
A delicious twist on traditional cheese fondue. This recipe uses Havarti, Dill Havarti, and cream cheese for a tasty dip for bread, sausage and other fondue dippers.
- 8 ounces Dill Havarti cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Caraway Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Pepper to taste
- Dippers: Toasted bread cubes, steamed broccoli and green beans, sliced chicken tenders, carrots, and apple slices
- Place cheeses, caraway seeds, dill, cayenne, and pepper in a saucepan.
- On your stovetop, heat fondue over medium-low heat until cheese has melted and fondue is smooth. Stir frequently.
- Once smooth, transfer to your fondue pot and keep the heat on low.
- Serve with your dippers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 565mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 19g