Warmer temperatures and longer days signal the arrival of spring and the possibility for new family outdoor adventures. Having the right gear makes all the difference in helping you get outdoors and even stay out longer. We love these twenty-two outdoor products that actually make it easier to go outside with kids.
I’ll be teaming up with fellow outdoor family bloggers to give away outdoor gear throughout the year. This spring we gave away a prize package valued at over $650!!! Click this link to go to our Family Outdoor Gear Guide Instagram where we will run all our future giveaways.
What are the best outdoor gear items to help you and your family get out and be more active together this spring?
- Merino Wool Base Layers and Blankets from Iksplor
- Bobbi Rain Boots for Her from Merry People
- Baby Sleeping Bag/Sleep Sack by Morrison Outdoor
- Quick Set-up 6 Person Tent from UST
- Merino Silk Hoodie and Wool Socks from Nui Organics
- Sunglasses from Tifosi Optics
- Softshell Jacket and Hiking Pants by Reima Gear
- Helmet Accessories by Helmet Flair
- Portable Fire Pit/Campfire Trio from Wolf and Grizzly
- Espin Nesta Electric Bike
- Pull Along Bike Strap from Tow Whee
- Bear Spray Combo Pack from Sabre
- Insulated Food Jars from Stanley
- Local Guided Outdoor Tours and Experiences from 57Hours
- Shotgun Child Bike Seat & Handlebars from Kids Ride Shotgun
- Games and Activity Books from Cruisin and Campfires
- Mosquito Repellent Jacket by Mozzie
- Kids Rain Boots from Kuoma
- Vintage Destination Long Sleeve Tees from American Backcountry
- Hard-Sided Cooler(s) from Grizzly
- Spring Family RV Trip in an RV rental from RVezy
- Camping Activity Book for Kids from Tales of a Mountain Mom
Get tips on how to wash down jackets
Learn how to properly wash down jackets and sleeping bags with our tips.
Should you pack snacks when taking the kids outdoors?
Yes, snacks are very helpful when going out with kids. They can be a nice reward and energy boost when reaching a hike’s halfway point. Snacks help hangry adults too! Also when the kids are having fun outside, don’t bring everything to a halt by having left for lunch. Pack a cooler with healthy food, snacks, and drinks instead. Everyone can grab something when they are hungry without having to go elsewhere for food. Plus with current travel restrictions, area dining options may be limited.
Find more outdoor inspiration for your family