Pork cutlets or thinly sliced pork chops cook quickly, less than 10 minutes. Because this dish cooks quickly, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on it during cooking. There have been a few times, that I have walked away for a minute and came back to pork chops that were over cooked or burnt honey. Please heed my advice and just stay with them.
For this recipe, I use an all purpose Greek Seasoning. I love the flavors it imparts to the honey and pork. If you don’t have a Greek seasoning, you can use any all-purpose seasoning you have on hand or simply salt and pepper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork cutlets or thin cut chops
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Greek or all purpose seasoning, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season pork chops with 1 teaspoon Greek or all purpose seasoning on both sides.
- Place pork chops in skillet and cook until brown, about 3-4 minutes. Turn the pork chops over and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from pan and place on a plate. Keep warm.
- Add chopped pecans to the pan drippings in the skillet. Stir pecans constantly for 1 minute to lightly toast them.
- Add honey and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Greek or all purpose seasoning to pecans. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Plate pork chops or place on a serving platter. Pour pecans and sauce over pork chops. Serve immediately.
Try these Honey Pecan Pork Cutlets with some Tricolor Coleslaw or Cran-Broccoli Salad for dinner tonight.