What’s your go-to holiday appetizer? I’d have to say my favorite holiday appetizer has to be a cheese board. It’s a super simple appetizer to throw together with a selection of cheeses, dried fruits, nuts, and accompaniments. Plus when unexpected guests arrive, all the ingredients are already on hand in the kitchen. So it’s easy peasy holiday entertaining without all that holiday stress!
Many people like to serve crackers with a cheese board, we do too. But my family goes nuts over these Parmesan and Prosciutto Breadsticks made with Immaculate Baking Company Organic Crescent Rolls. They are crispy on the outside thanks to a little melted butter, but on the inside you have that soft crescent rolls texture. Plus with the salty prosciutto and parmesan cheese all mixed in, it’s Mmmmm Mmmm Delicious!
During the holidays, I like to keep Immaculate Baking Company crescent roll dough on hand. It’s a refrigerated dough that I can use to make everything from dinner crescents to breakfast mini quiches. I buy this brand because of the ingredients they do and don’t use. They DO use certified organic ingredients like wheat flour, palm oil, and cane sugar. They DON’T use artificial preservatives, flavorings, hydrogenated oils, or additives. They are made with plain ingredients I can feel good about feeding my family. They taste great too which my kids says IS the most important part.
This recipe for Prosciutto Breadsticks makes 20 breadsticks. They are best served warm, but they disappear quickly. So you may want to make double, triple, or quadruple the recipe as needed.
Yields 20 breadsticks
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
2 Tablespoons, Parmesan Cheese, shredded
3oz Prosciutto, thinly sliced (4 slices)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto a large cutting board.
- Cut the crescent roll dough along the vertical lines so you have two attached triangles forming a rectangle. You’ll have 4 rectangles.
- Pinch together the seams along the two triangles to form a solid dough rectangle.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of the dough. Press down slightly to embed cheese into dough.
- Top with a slice of prosciutto per rectangle.
- Slice dough rectangle into 5 thin slices, about 1/2” thick.
- Twist the breadsticks several times to hold the prosciutto in place during baking.
- Place on a cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Calories 436
- Total Fat: 29 g 44.62%
- Saturated Fat: g 0%
- Cholesterol: mg 0%
- Sodium: mg 0%
- Potassium: mg 0%
- Total Carbohydrate: 15 g %
- Sugar: g
- Protein: 29 g
- Vitamin A: 0%
- Calcium: mg 0%
- Iron: mg 0%
Immaculate Baking Company has a whole line of organic & natural refrigerated dough products to make holiday entertaining so much easier. Choose from crescent rolls like I used in this recipe, biscuits, cookie dough, and cinnamon rolls. Each can help you create tasty treats for your next party, dinner, or snack.